Saturday, August 16, 2008

It's August... Already

The lap top is up. I can access the blog. I'll figure out what to do to access it from the main pc.

We've had a wonderful summer. The kids all enjoyed and did well on the swim team at the pool we belong to. I love my "summer friends" who have become so much more over the years.

I got to visit with a long time friend whom I met while we lived in England in 1980-81 as exchange students. She was from Minneapolis now lives in northen Wisconsin. Was in town for work, but came early and spent the evening with us. Talked into the early morning... some people just live in your heart no matter if you see/speak to them often or not.

Currently visiting with another friend from that time. Anthony who shares my birthday and thus stayed in touch and has visited many times over the years is here again. We are in the middle of his visit. more to come

1 comment:

Keithslady said...

Have a wonderful time with Anthony! We have 2 AFS students with us right now. They just got here Fri/Sat. Boys from Thailand and Portugal. Tonight a 2006-07 student from China came for dinner and the kids all went bowling. Lin in going to UW-Madison and it's like having family back. He graduated with Chet and they were in Show Choir together. There's nothing like hearing a Chinese boy sing, "Cahn you feel da lahve tonight." It's past midnight and I can still hear the teens up talking in the living room. Time marches on, but some things don't change much.