Thursday, May 15, 2008

My "baby" in a "Lock "Down"

As my "bio" states, I have been a public school teacher for 24 years. Things come up, and people get mad. We've had lock downs before... not fun but it happens. My first born's middle school was locked down today. Appearantly some "angry parent" had threatened someone, seriously enough that the school was totally locked down for an hour and half, and then closed to outsiders almost all day.

I got the email notification, and updates, but had Tim, who was home today, drive by the school and "see what was up" . There wasn't much to see.

Abby called me at 3:08, the minute she was outside school, to let me know she was out of school, and it was OK. She said it was "freakey" and that she was "worried about Claire and Tom" who were at their elementary a couple of blocks away. I was so touched that she was concerned for them, she has seemed to self involved lately (though that is often the forte of 12 year olds I understand) I guess she is growing up.

We have terrible news from Myanmar, China, and Louisana again.... and now down the street. I just don't want to listen to the news any more.

But, everything was okay, and I learned some good things about my girl, so the cup is half full.

No comments: